1. The Information We Collect
We collect two types of information. The first type is information that identifies an individual (called “personal information”). The second type is information that does not identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual (called “anonymous information”). We collect the following particular personal and anonymous information during your use of the Websites:
- Registration information when you create an account with us, such as your name, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password.
- Enrollment information when you enroll in a program, activity, or camp for yourself or on behalf of another.
- Your email address when you sign-up for our newsletter or other email communications.
- Profile information that you share with us after you create an account and begin using the Websites.
- Information you provide to us, such as through completion of a web form or completion of forms or other paperwork on the Website.
- Information you provide to us or a vendor acting on our behalf when you make a donation to the Y, apply for a job with us, or register to volunteer with the Y. This may include your name, contact information, work history, interests, and other types of relevant information.
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of the Websites on third-party platforms or devices.
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with our Websites (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address or other online or device identifier.
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our Websites, such as the content you view, how often you visit our Websites, and your preferences.
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you use the Websites. This information may be collected through the use of “cookies” or other technologies that automatically collect information while you are visiting our Websites.
The Websites are not intended for children under the age of thirteen. The Y does not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen or knowingly allow such persons to use the Websites. If you are under thirteen please do not attempt to register on this Website or send us any personal information. If you have reason to believe that we have collected any personal information from someone under thirteen years of age, please have the child’s parent or guardian contact us as directed in Section 9.
2. How We Collect Your Information
We collect information from you two ways – information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as when you register with us or submit a web form) and information that we collect automatically, such as through certain technology we use on our Websites. These methods are described more fully below:
- We collect information when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, when you communicate with us, create an account with us, or register for programs and activities.
- We collect information about you from other Website users, such when someone registers you for a program or activity.
- We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our Websites, including cookies, web beacons, and other technologies.
3. How We Use Your Information
Consistent with applicable law and any applicable choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Provide you with the Websites and the functions and services you request, view, or engage with;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our Websites or changes to our policies;
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our Websites, products, services, and operations, including by using survey research and analytics tools; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies, pose safety issues, or be fraudulent or illegal.
4. How We Share Your Information
We may share anonymous information in accordance with our practices. We will not share your personal information with another entity except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow or direct us to share your personal information with another person or company;
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company in the above circumstances, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
5. Your Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your account; and
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
6. Third Party Sites
7. Security and Retention of Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no measures are perfect or 100% secure.
8. Updates and Changes
9. Contact Us