CAMP IS OPEN! REGISTER NOW!
Click to register!
Please note we have had to implement some changes due to COVID-19:
- Space will be very limited based on state guidelines on group sizes.
- Masks will be worn at all times when indoors. Campers do not need to wear a mask outdoors.
Camp Nowashe is the perfect camp for young people looking for a diverse experience during the summer. With weekly field trips, specialty camp options, sports camp and fun weekly themes, every day is fresh and new.
*We accept Care 4 Kids and offer financial assistance.
Location & Contact:
Sunset Ridge School
450 Forbes Street,
East Hartford, Connecticut
Before camp: Available from 7am-8:30am at Sunset Ridge
Camp day: 9am-4pm
After camp: Available at Sunset Ridge from 4-6pm
Pricing & Refunds:
Pricing per week:
- Traditional Camp (grades K-8)
- Specialty Camps
- Leadership Camp (grades 9-10)
If you no longer feel comfortable sending your children to camp due to the current status in the state, you may cancel or change your weeks up to one week before your session begins. We will provide a full refund less your $50 deposit and $20 registration fee ($70 total), as long as you provide one full week's notice.
Specialty Camp Descriptions:
- Lego Camp: The perfect camp for the creative camper! Participants will build amazing structures that would make any engineer proud! Participants will be able to bring their projects home after camp!
- Girl Power Camp: Led by female staff, this all-girl camp focuses on building confident girls by teaching them about leadership and helping them build friendships! Feel the bonds of sisterhood and the comfort of relating to one another on a deepened level.
- Make-a-Difference Camp: Campers contribute to their community in a variety of ways, spending days at food pantries, helping at homeless shelters, and more!
- Mission Impossible Camp: Learn science & sleuthing! Kids will learn to read messages in invisible ink, decode ciphers, go on missions, and solve mysteries.
- Arts & Crafts Camp: Unleash your inner Picasso! This camp focuses on crazy and fun small-scale art projects, as well as one larger scale week-long project.
- Food Explorers Camp: Whip up good eats! Kids will learn about nutrition and health while learning how to make easy, delicious meals that would wow any chef!
- Movie Makers Camp: Film is fun! Campers make stop motion films, short videos with fun effects, and work on other great movie projects. Every child has the chance to reveal his or her inner Steven Spielberg with this exciting camp!
- Drama Camp: Prepare for a drama performance, learning lines, designing sets and playing drama games. (Did someone say “Zip! Zap! Zop!?”) The week ends with a performance for camp families!
Click here to register