The Y has something for everyone
The Y has something for everyone...kids, teens, and families. At the Y, our talented and supportive staff help our members find health and balance in their lives. That's why we're here every day, making sure you know what you're capable of and encouraging you all along the way. When you join the Y, you join a family.
BENEFITS OF FULL MEMBERSHIP
Member benefits include
(benefits and services may vary by location):
- FREE! wellness appointments (3)—where experienced and certified Y staff will help guide you on your wellness journey. Appointments include goal setting, fitness assessments, fitness programming, and equipment orientation.
- FREE! Child Watch and Amazing Kids babysitting
- FREE! land & aquatic group exercise classes
- FREE! fitness and body composition assessment
- FREE! guest passes
- FREE! monthly family nights with activities
- FREE! teen group exercise classes
- Advance program registration
- Reduced program fees by half or more, excluding Child Care and Camp
- Drop-in activities for youth
- Reciprocal membership at all YMCA's of Greater Hartford, including YMCA Camp Chase Family Swim Center
- MY Y IS Every Y in New England*
- Always Welcome At the YMCA (A.W.A.Y.) Program, take your YMCA membership on the road with you. When traveling away from home your membership is valid at most YMCA's across the country.
Membership rates at the YMCA of Greater Hartford
(Ages 19 & older)
(Two household adults and any dependent children or elderly living at the same address)
(Ages 18 & younger)
(Students enrolled in college or university full time)
membership for all (mfa)
The YMCA of Greater Hartford strives to serve everyone regardless of their ability to pay. Through the generosity of our many Annual Campaign Donors, we are able to offer financial assistance to those who qualify. Membership for All (MFA) rates are based on annual household income. To qualify, you must provide your most recently filed tax return and two most recent pay stubs. For more information, visit your local YMCA
Welcome Center or give us a call!
a member at the Farmington Valley YMCA. His story is just one of the many stories of individuals who have been impacted by the Membership for All program at the YMCA of Greater Hartford.
"Here’s a question for you: have you ever had the experience of walking up a single flight of stairs on a fair weather day and notice that you’re sweating before you have even reached the top? That’s where my story starts. I was a ten-year smoker and more than 50 pounds overweight. I lived a very sedentary life. Smoke, eat, and sit day in, day out. Yeah, the sweating before I reached the top of the steps thing? Not a big surprise.
People say they have their “aha” moments. For me, that one trip up the stairs made me think “Duh! Why am I doing this to myself?”
So I joined the Y. In 8 months, I have lost over 50 pounds. I’ve gone from a size 40 to a 34! The staff at the Y is very accessible and wants to help. Whether it’s Emily making it a point to see me and tell me what a great job I’m doing or Eugenia stopping me as I pass by the front desk to check in – even once printing out the picture they took of me when I joined to show how far I’ve come (yeah, you can burn that now)— everyone here has been very kind and supportive.
I am forever grateful to the Y for allowing me to access the tools and support I have needed to become a healthier individual. I am also grateful that the Y has a program for those who cannot afford the full membership rate to become members at a lower rate. This year, I opted to voluntarily increase my membership each month. I realize my small increase isn't much, but if it helps, even in a small way, give the Y a chance to let someone else have the same opportunities I have had, it is certainly worth it."
Membership for All (MFA) Rates
Annual Income: $50,000 - $64,999
Annual Income: $35,000 - $49,999
Annual Income: $25,000 - $34,999
Annual Income: $15,000 - $24,999
Annual Income: Less than $15,000
*MY Y IS EVERY Y IN NEW ENGLAND.
Being a member of any YMCA of Greater Hartford Y gets you FREE access to any Y Membership Facility in New England. Use your Y membership card at any New England YMCA! Some restrictions may apply, so please check with the Y you plan to visit by going to their website and clicking on the MY Y/EVERY Y logo to learn more. Photo ID will also be required.