ONLINE REGISTRATION MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Online Registration is available to all YMCA of Greater Hartford “Members”
Q: Who is a “Member”?
A: A “Member” is a facility membership-paying person or family.
Q: Who is a “Program Member”?
A “Program Member” does not pay a membership fee, but can participate in programs offered at any branch of the YMCA of Greater Hartford. “Program Members” do not have full access to YMCA facilities.
Q: What are the benefits of being a “Member”?
A: A “Member” receives full use of all YMCA of Greater Hartford branch facilities, advance program registration and gets reduced program rates by half or more (excluding child care and camp). “Members” also receive use of YMCA facilities in all of New England (some restrictions do apply). For a full list of benefits click on Membership and Join Now or contact your local YMCA.
Q: How do I get started?
A: Search through our website to find the class you would like to participate in. Click on the class to find the day and time that fits your schedule, as well as the branch location most convenient. Select the class you desire and click on the Register Now button. The system will prompt you to continue through check out.
Q: I am an existing ”member” and/or have participated in a program but I am new to online registration. What do I do?
A: Enter all required fields in the Find Account pop up box. Required fields are last name, date of birth and zip code.
Q: I am a current “member” and/or I have participated in a program and I am trying to register online, but the system cannot find me. What do I do?
A: Call your YMCA and make sure your membership information is current in our system. To sign into your account, your last name, home zip code and date of birth MUST be correct in our database. Reminder, “Members” have priority registration one week prior to “Program Members” at the following branches: Downtown YMCA, Farmington Valley YMCA, Wheeler Regional Family YMCA and Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center.
Q: I am not a current “member” and I have not participated in a program before. Can I still register online?
A: Yes, you can register online for programs by creating a new account.
Q: Can I register for more than one program at a time?
A: Yes, you can register for multiple programs at the same time.
Q: Can I register more than one member at a time?
Q: How do I pay for classes online?
A: You may choose from any existing electronic payment methods we have on file or you can add a new credit card.
Q: I receive Financial Assistance; will my assistance apply if I register online?
A: If you register on line you will need to pay the full price. If you receive financial assistance, it is strongly recommended that you register in person at any of our branches. This way you pay only the amount determined by your Financial Assisted status. If you register online and pay full price, you may contact the Membership Department at your branch to receive a credit on your account. Refunds are not available to offset full price payments.
Q: What is the refund/cancellation policy?
A: It is different depending on the reason:
• Withdrawal from Full Membership due to medical reasons: full credit/refund for the unused portion of Membership Fee; doctor’s note required.
• Membership cancellation: We require 30 days written notice if you plan to cancel your membership.
• Suspension or termination of Full Membership: full credit/refund for the unused portion of your membership.
• If the YMCA cancels a program, a credit/refund of program fee will be issued to you.
• Program refund policy: Classes run for 6 weeks unless otherwise noted. A full refund will only be issued for withdrawals received in writing before the 1st class. A pro-rated refund will be issued for withdrawals after the 1st class. Refunds after the 2nd class are provided only with a doctor’s note for the unused portion. Deposits to secure a spot in a program or for a facility rental are non-refundable. • Package Services Refund Policy: All Personal Training, Nutrition Counseling and Private Lesson packages have a 12 month expiration from date of purchase. Packages or any unused sessions may be transferred to another individual one time and used within the original 12 month period. Refunds may be requested in writing within 30 days of purchase. When refunding partial packages within 30 days, used sessions are charged at the single session rate.
• Returned payment: Member responsible for service fee.
• Deposits: All deposits for the purpose of securing a spot in a program are non-refundable.
• All credits valid for one year from date of issue.
Q: What if the class I want is already full?
A: We encourage you to join the waiting list. This gives us a better idea of the number of people interested in our programs, and allows us to create new classes or recruit additional instructors whenever possible. We do everything possible to get as many participants off the waiting list and enrolled in classes.