We will be offering Grades 3-8 Basketball Leagues and Grades 9-10 and 11-12 Basketball Leagues at the YMCA.
GRADES 3-8 DIVISION - Member $125, Program $150
There are Saturday games beginning in January- March. Teams will have weekly practices. All players receive equal playing time and team jerseys. It is fun, instructional and moderately competitive. Scores are kept without standings or personal stats. All skill levels are spread equally on Formation Day by volunteer coaches and YMCA staff.
Team formation TBD.
We are looking for volunteer coaches for Grades 3-8 level. Please email Marissa.Casarella@ghymca.org if interested!
GRADES 9-10 & GRADES 11-12 DIVISION - Member $105, Program $125
Games will be held on Monday nights at Farmington Valley YMCA. There are no practices in this league. Captains choose teams on Formation Day. All players must attend Formation Day and sign a code of conduct. Team standings are posted!
Team formation TBD.
Interested captains’ email Marissa.Casarella@ghymca.org
COVID POLICIES & PROCEDURES:
1. Participants, coaches and spectators will be required to sign a waiver prior to the season.
2. All players, coaches, staff and spectators will conduct a digital temperature check. Individuals with temperatures above 100 will not be allowed to participate or enter the Y.
3. No one should attend a practice or game if they are not feeling well, has a fever, currently under quarantine or has been in contact
with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
4. Masks must always be worn by everyone (Coaches, Y Staff, Spectators and players as of Nov. 9.2020) Subject to change as needed.
5. Players must bring their own labeled equipment (ball, bag, water, etc.) and should not share with others and must be separate from
other players’ belongings
6. Basketballs or other equipment will be disinfected at beginning, half time and end of games.
7. Games and practices are staggered by 15 minutes. Please do not wait in hallways or gymnasium. Enter at your exact practice time.
8. If there is a positive Covid-19 test reported to the YMCA, teams impacted will be notified and the YMCA will be keeping the
individual’s identity confidential.
9. To ensure participant health and safety, as well as enjoyment of our basketball programs, we will continue to review and update these guidelines regularly to remain with federal, State of CT and local guidelines.
BASKETBALL INSTRUCTIONAL CLASSES:
Instructional basketball classes. Players will learn basic skills. Masks must always be worn in program.
Six dates starting December 5, 2020
- Preschool Basketball (ages 3-4, 45m) Sat 9:00am
- Youth Basketball (ages 5-grade 2, 1hr) Sat 10:00am