Healthy Kids Day brought together families and organizations from all over NE Connecticut for a fun day of learning and community building. Hale YMCA hosted over 30 health, safety, youth and education groups to offer vision screenings, sports activities, face painting, nutrition information, dancing, snacks and so much more!
Healthy Kids Day is an annual, national event hosted by the YMCA, so if you missed the event on April 29 this year, don’t worry, you can catch us next spring! Some highlights this year included:
• Make your own Trail Mix, presented by Camp Cutler, Hale YMCA’s brand new summer day camp, which kicks off June 19, 2017!
• Custom face painting by Y volunteers and staff from Carelot Children’s Center
• Adorable baby lambs brought by Woodstock Sustainable Farms
• Dental health information from UCONN Pre-Dental Society
• Vision Screening by the local Lions Club
• DJ Dreadz spinning rockin’ beats
• Fire Trucks, Ambulance and K9 Police Dogs from local safety and law enforcement
• Chair Massages and Spinal Screening from Back and Body Chiropractic
• Sports activities with Quinebaug Valley Youth Lacrosse and Griffin Youth Hockey
• Martial Arts demonstrations from Quest Martial Arts
Other community partners included TEEG, Boy Scout Troop 21, Young Marines, Eastern Ahec, Generations Healthcare, Day Kimball Hospital, NOW, Putnam Pride, The Last Green Valley, Camp Woodstock, Putnam Family Resource Center, Northeast District Department of Health, CHR, Simply Fresh Solution, Woodstock Middle School Playground, Kennedy Donavan Center, and NE Early Childhood Center.
Kids were given a passport to visit each station and when complete, they were entered into a raffle for free Y Memberships and classes, YMCA schwag and other cool prizes. A great time was had by all and the Hale YMCA staff was thrilled to meet new families and visit with our members. And we look forward to making next year even bigger and better!