MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT...As the pages of this newsletter reflect, we have provided those we served with a variety of wonderful summer experiences in ways that go deeper than words can express.
We want to begin the fall by thanking the many who have chosen the YMCA of Greater Hartford for fun, health and wellness, camp, enrichment, collaboration, employment, volunteerism, philanthropy, and more. You see, we are very much aware of the fact that you could have chosen another organization for each of these opportunities, and we are honored that you choose us.
Our staff was amazing this summer, demonstrating time after time their commitment to servant leadership-service of others over self... (continue reading)
Richness abounds . . .
President Obama recently recognized JoAnn Price, who is a member of our Board of Directors and R. C. Knox Distinguished Leadership honoree, as a Champion of Change for her commitment to enhancing the lives of children and parents through her work with the Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Parent Achievers Program. Please join me in congratulating JoAnn for this amazing recognition.
These have been bountiful times. We have provided greater Hartford with an array of services. We have been blessed to serve children, families, and active older adults; those who are seeking answers to important questions of the day; those who are seeking a place to serve; those who are ready to be fit, along with those who are ultra-fit; those who are weakened by cancer or disabled by war; and those who simply seek a warm smile, a hug, or a reassuring hello. There is a place for everyone...(continue reading)
Registration and Program Session Dates
2014 Registration and Program Session Dates
2013 Registration and Program Session Dates
Online Registration and account access
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Online Registration Step by Step Instructions
YMCA In The News
- Wilson Gray YMCA Youth & Family Center receives grant from ValMark Securities Global Gift Fund to support Y Achievers Program
- Wilson Gray YMCA Youth & Family Center receives $5,000 grant from Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) Foundation to Support Y Achievers Program
- Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center Receives $5,000 Grant from Berkshire Bank, Funds will support Y-TIP (YMCA Teen Incentive Program)
- Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center Receives $5,000 Grant from Bank of America Funds Will Support Teen Incentive Program
- YMCA of Greater Hartford to Offer National Mentoring Program for Kids and Teens in Hartford, Connecticut
- Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center awarded grant by Charles Nelson Robinson Fund to support youth outreach in Hartford's North End and Clay Arsenal neighborhoods
- YMCA of Greater Hartford in partnership with the Walmart Foundation offers Summer Food Program to Help Kids Get Their ‘Fill of Food and Fun
- YMCA of Greater Hartford volunteer JoAnn Price honored by White House as YMCA Champion of Change...JoAnn Price, a member of the board of directors of the YMCA of Greater Hartford and Wilson Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center-- and champion of Hartford youth
- COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS AWARD THE YMCA OF GREATER HARTFORD OVER $30,000 IN GRANT FUNDING FOR YOUTH PROGRAMS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- YMCA Teen Incentive Program at the Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center receives $25,000 grant from First Niagara
- JoAnn Price of West Hartford receives R.C. Knox Distinguished Leadership Award at the YMCA of Greater Hartford Annual Meeting...
YMCA of Greater Hartford
community leader and business woman
robert c. Knox, Jr. YMCA
Distinguished Leadership Award
Youth Citizenship award
Danielle L. Smith, manager of community affairs for United Technologies Corporation, pictured above with award winners.
An open letter to the Wheeler Regional Family YMCA...
"I was angry. I was hurt. I was in terrible shape both physically and psychologically."
One morning my fiancé and I dropped our daughter off at daycare. Instead of going out to our usual Denny's or Friendlys breakfast I told her I wanted to check out the Wheeler YMCA. I had been speaking to one of my old colleagues and he had made the recommendation because of the childcare facilities. We decided to pop in check it out for ourselves. We were greeted by Robyn and promptly given a tour of the facilities. I paid close attention to the people who were working out there. I didn't just see the typical gym rats that I used to encounter while training for various sports, nor did I see the cardio crusaders that join ranks on every machine in the place. There was a balance of people there and although everyone was working hard, you got the impression that they were happy to be there. We continued our tour and watched how the staff greeted us and other members. We then sat down to fill out the application paperwork and questionnaire. I vividly remember the questions. How often did I go outside with my daughter? Never. Do I let my daughter explore on her own outside? No, we sit outside of Dairy Queen every now and then. Initially, it was odd that the questions were focused on what I was doing with my family. I read on and understood that the message being conveyed to me was that the Y was here to help me find a healthy balance with my health and my family. We finished our paperwork, got our membership cards, and left.
The very next morning we started working towards a healthier family" (click here to read more)
2012 Annual Report
2011 Annual Report
2010 Annual Report
2009 Annual Report
The YMCA of Greater Hartford is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit charitable organization recognized by the IRS and the State of Connecticut.
2012 (990) Form
2011 (990) Form
2010 (990) Form
2009 (990) Form