Spring greetings to all! As you examine the events and activities highlighted in this newsletter, I hope you will be filled with pride and joy in knowing that you played an important part in every smile in every photo. Please also know that this newsletter fails to provide enough space to highlight all of the wonderful opportunities taking place throughout our Association. Nonetheless, the spirit of our work, and its collaborative nature, can be seen and felt in the vignettes that follow. (continue reading...)
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT...A Time for Reflection and Hope
Happy Holidays to one and all!
As 2013 comes to a close, we must reflect on and appreciate our accomplishments. The year has seen an increase in our capacity to serve, with more youth and families enjoying the benefits of our programs and services. We continued our effort to bring fresh produce in three communities. We became more and more collaborative, building and participating in partnerships across greater Hartford. We sent increasing numbers of youth to our day and summer camps. We supported the academic enrichment and success of countless children, as they struggled for proficiency in reading, math and science. We assisted those who were ready to be fit, changing for life, and living stronger. We recognized staff for their many contributions and celebrated the success of our national movement at General Assembly and the Emerging Multicultural Leadership Experience (EMLE) Conference. We heightened our visibility, as a charitable organization, by telling our story at every turn. And grant revenue and charitable contributions exceed last year’s totals. 2013 witnessed the creation of a new Strategic Plan, which promises to guide our work for years to come. Lastly, we created more and more opportunities for volunteer engagement. While 2013 offered a few challenges, overall, it was a great year. (continue reading...)
Registration and Program Session Dates
2014 Registration and Program Session Dates
Online Registration and account access
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Online Registration Step by Step Instructions
- YMCA is applying for 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant. If funded the grant will support the Hip & Fit Extended Day program at Hartford's Simpson-Waverly School and East Hartford's Anna E. Norris Elementary School. For more information about the programs or to review a copy of our application please contact Sonia Toledo @ 860-522-9622 ext 2397.
- The YMCA of Greater Hartford is proud to announce that Cigna is the presenting sponsor for the 2014 YMCA Celebrates Champions event
- Baseball legend Johnny Damon coming to Hartford for YMCA Celebrates Champions...Damon played both sides in baseball's greatest rivalry
- The YMCA of Greater Hartford has received over 200 new basketballs, thanks to a donation from NBA Cares, DICK’s Sporting Goods and Spalding.
- The Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center has received a $15,000 grant from First Niagara Foundation, given in support of the YMCA Teen Incentive Program(Y-TIP), which benefits underserved, at-risk teenagers ages 13 through 18 from Hartford's Clay-Arsenal and Upper Albany neighborhoods
- Jerald B. Gooden has been elected chairman of the Board of Directors of the YMCA of Metropolitan Hartford for a two-year term. Gooden is the retired Senior Vice President and Head of Regions for Aetna, Inc. “I believe in the Y because of its mission of helping people develop physically, mentally, and spiritually...
- The Glastonbury YMCA has received generous funding from the Norma and Natale Sestero Fund at the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to support the Glastonbury Y’s LIVESTRONG cancer survivor program
- The Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center received a $1,000 grant from the Rockville Bank Foundation, given in support of the YMCA Let's Dance Program
- Hartford YMCA seeks to expand summer program that led to unprecedented academic gains for Hartford students
- Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth & Family Center receives $5,000 grant from TD Charitable Foundation...Funds Will Support Y Achievers Program
YMCA of Greater Hartford
2013 robert c. Knox, Jr. YMCA
Distinguished Leadership Award
Youth Citizenship award
Alecia Hogan, manager of community affairs for United Technologies Corporation, and Gary Wolff, board chairman for the YMCA of Greater Hartford, pictured above with award winners.
2013 Annual Report
2013 Annual Donor Report
2012 Annual Report
2012 Annual Donor Report
2011 Annual Report
2011 Annual Donor Report
The YMCA of Greater Hartford is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit charitable organization recognized by the IRS and the State of Connecticut.
2012 (990) Form
2011 (990) Form
2010 (990) Form
2009 (990) Form